You are hereQualifications for membership
Qualifications for membership
The purpose of the organization is to recognize excellence in academic achievement by undergraduate and graduate students in the fields of political science, government, international and public affairs; to stimulate scholarship and interest in political science; to promote worthwhile curricular and extracurricular activities related to political science; to promote civil dialogue; and to engage in any other activities that further these purposes. Minimum standards for admission, as established by Pi Sigma Alpha National are as follows:
- Includes both national and chapter branch membership
- Junior standing (54 credits or by year)
- 3.5 GPA overall, 3.0 GPA in political science courses
- 10 credits of political science
- 1 upper-level political science course
- Payment of dues:
- National chapter: $35 one time fee
- Local chapter: $30 per year
All freshmen and other interested students are welcome to attend meetings and events regardless of meeting membership requirements. However, these requirements must be met for official national chapter membership. Some events may require payment to offset costs, so please inform us if you plan on attending.
To obtain provisional membership we require members per semester to attend all but one meeting, attend at least one faculty dinner, speaking event, and social event.
Also read this Bylaws Document